SYMPOSIUM SPECIAL THANK YOU'S
The Classic Residence by Hyatt
- Susan K. Bick, Associate Executive Director
- Cara Cheskin, Activities Director
The Newspapers who supported us by printing about the Symposium:
- Potomac Gazette
- Monica Wraga
- Potomac Almanac
- Bonnie Eaton
- Washington Post Health Section Diane Knich
The Volunteers who made it possible
- Sharon Waxman - helped organize the symposium; Geoff Manifold - editing and producing video; Malcolm Herman - video recorder; Joan Weiss; Student Volunteers: Daniel Herman, Mayan Herman and Michael Waxman, Dr. Joanne Thacker, Michael Vawker, and Lesley Quitman.
The Raffle Donors
- Cat McClannon for a tape cassette and three books
- Good Earth Nursery Gift Certificate
by Manager Jenine Thomas
- Green Field A Brazilian Churrascaria Restaurant Gift Certificate by Manager Fernando Sanchez
- Robert Lewis Salon Gift Certificate by Stephen Anthony
- Ambrosia Greek Restaurant Gift Certificate
by Pete Mantzouris
- Mon Ami Gabi Restaurant Gift Certificate by Manager Matthew Lourick
- May Kesler's Center for Physical and Massage Therapy Free Visit,
- As Kindred Spirits Gift Certificate by Julie Tracy
- MotoPhoto Bag of Gifts and Certificates by Bill Lemer
- Flagship Carwash Center Gift Certificates
by Richard Meddings District Manager
|NEW 4 WEEK THERAPY GROUP '"HEALING ISSUES I"|
STARTING UP IN JANUARY 2003
- FOUR WEEK SESSION
- 45 MINUTES EACH
- THEME: SURVIVING TO THRIVING
- GUIDED IMAGERY/MEDITATION
- FEE: $120.00
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Support Group Dates
November 1, 2001
Time: 10:30 - Noon,Thursdays
Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Blvd., Bethesda, Maryland
BRING YOUR PILLOWS, MATS, ICE OR HOT PACKS
There are fifty million Americans suffering from chronic pain who are not receiving the treatment they need. Many fall between the cracks in
their own private health insurance, workman’s compensation, and disability benefits. Others are helpless because of a lack of insurance.
Pain Connection is a 501(c)(3) not for profit human service agency that provides a monthly support group, information and referrals,
community outreach and education. Pain Connection plans to establish an outreach center which will provide counseling, support groups
and seminars, 24 hour hotline, information and referrals, library with Internet access, training program, newsletter, case management,
advocacy, and transportation for people suffering from chronic pain. These services will improve the quality of life, offer a chance for
rehabilitation, decrease the sense of isolation this population experiences and enable the chronic pain sufferer to take control of his/her
condition and treatment and maintain independence.
AMAZON.COM FOR THE HOLIDAYS
ANOTHER WAY TO HELP US RAISE MONEY IS TO ORDER ALL YOUR HOLIDAY PURCHASES FROM AMAZON.COM THROUGH THIS LINK.
Pain Connection's Wish List
- Premises for our center that will be handicapped accessible.
- Fundraisers and Volunteers to develop events
- Journalist willing to help with publishing our newsletter
Designated Founders of Pain Connection
for Contributions of $100 or more
WE THANK YOU!
- Sue Swanson
- Patrice Arthur
- Robin & Stuart Sorokin
- Geoff Manifold
Return to First Page
PAIN CONNECTION-CHRONIC PAIN OUTREACH CENTER INC.
12320 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852
© 2001 Pain Connection-Chronic Pain Outreach Center, Inc. All Rights Reserved.